Ok, I finally have an adoption update! woohoo! :) Our social worker contacted us regarding a special out of state situation. Our agency has another office in Kentucky, and there is a birthmom there that we might be a good fit for. She is due at the end of July with TWINS - a boy and a girl! We were soooo excited to hear that we could possibly be matched with two babies at the same time, what a blessing that would be!
Unfortunately, there is also a down side. In California, when a birthmom signs away her rights, it's pretty much a done deal within 24 hours. In Kentucky, the law gives both birthparents 110 days to change their minds about the adoption. So it is possible that we get matched, bring the babies home, and have to give them back after a few months.
Although this is a huge risk, we gave the ok for our profile to be shown to this birthmom. We are one of two couples being considered by her right now. Our profile was shown to her this past Wednesday, and we are hoping to hear back from the agency tomorrow (Monday). Our prayer right now is that, if this birthmom is going to change her mind once the babies are born, that the Lord would just not even allow us to get chosen. We're asking that the Lord to spare us from the possible heartache. We are excited and yet nervous at the same time. Please pray for peace, wisdom, and trust in the Lord as we wait for Him to lead us forward, or close this door for us. Thank you all!